When a leader gets better, the whole organization gets better.
There are many resources available to help you improve as a leader. It can even be overwhelming to even sort through them all. However, that is not an excuse to not be intentional about improving your skills. A new resource available is the Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast.
Craig is straight and to the point and so the podcast is a quick listen but packed full of good advice and insights. While Craig is a leader of a very large church with many campus locations, the principles of leadership he is teaching are very transferable to any situation.
In his first topic (split into 2 parts), Craig presents six types of leaders. The first 4 are negative and the last 2 are positive.
- Unpredictable leaders – who produce hesitant followers.
- Domineering leaders – who produce compliant followers
- Secretive leaders – who produce guarded followers.
- Passive leaders – who produce disengaged followers.
- Healthy leaders – who produce faithful followers.
- Empowering leaders – who don’t just produce followers—they produce other great leaders.
I would encourage you to watch or listen to part 1. If you want to improve as a leader, I think you’ll be glad you did.